Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Non's Big Day!

After what seemed to be an evening filled with fruition regarding DC, which kept me up until almost 3:00 AM, I woke up 3 minutes after my alarm was supposed to go off. I set it for 10:15AM last night, amidst the cinema of what had just happened playing in my head. It's very possible I simply forgot to actually turn the alarm on, and only set the time for it.

Anyway, when I first met DC, she was volatile-- creating offenses out of thin air and prosecuting me for them. She'd declare my latest statement as "really stupid" and then just walk away. Usually she went home, but if she really wanted to burn me, she'd just go flirt with another guy. I can't say it didn't work, because it just made me want her more. Not to mention punch the daylights out of the guy she chose to flirt with. And then run.

Now, she's not so skittish. Anytime she says, "I think I'm gonna go," I just reply with, "Like hell you are!" and tug her back into arm's length. The first time I did this, I was pretty sure I'd end up getting my goatee smacked off. Turns out, she digs that kind of thing. So I made sure to pepper every evening we spent together with at least one forceful movement. Sometimes I just plucked her from the path she was walking and made her walk closer to me. Sometimes when she'd get pissy, I'd just get pissy right back and say, "Shut up and listen to me."

It's not mean, because it always gives her this silly grin that makes me want to swoon her. And I always smile right back. But enough of that sappy romantic crap. My main thing is trying to get her to hang out with me earlier in the evening so that I don't get calls from my sister or whoever while she is sucking my soul out kissing my neck. I think that's probably too much detail. Not sure. Maybe you guys can let me know if I'm giving tmi.

Anyway, reeling from the success of last night-- I figured today was going to be a flop. That's usually how it works with my luck. I'm certainly in Karma's constant cross hairs. Something good happens, then I eat shit the next day. Like I said, I got up at 10ish this morning and took a ride to the DMV to get a new driver's license. I was only there for 15 minutes, which is a record for them. Then, after being told it would take up to two hours doing work at the unemployment office, I was catered to by the director and it only took one hour. Snazzy shit! Also, I found out what I qualify for in benefits, and I'm definitely stoked. I can work about 20 hours a week and still collect all my unemployment. Part-time job, here I come. Say 'hello' to assisted living, so to speak.

Then, after I finished up at the unemployment office, I found out the landlord of the place I wanted is going to work with me on stretching rent out so I can move in first. It will be so nice to live in a house that is at least 100 feet from any potential redneck, potbellied Jeds or people with a surname as their last names. See you later, Daniel Dave! Woooooie!

And like I said, the place is the shizzle. I'll include pictures in my next post of the props once we get settled in and make that place our bitch.

And, just so you know, I already made the how-to on saving money at the bar, I just don't want to post it until closer to the weekend. So stay tuned.

No comments: